1. County Leaders Answer Questions: County Executive Elrich, Dr Jack Smith, Dr Earl Stoddard and Dr Travis Gayles answered questions from the community regarding the coronavirus pandemic. The briefing was broadcast live Thursday evening from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Watch the briefing below.
2. MCPS Plan for Next Week: Montgomery County Public Schools released the plan for the second week of remote learning.
3. Maryland Health Insurance Enrollment Extension: As unemployment claims saw a steep increase and more Marylanders may lose their health insurance benefits, Maryland Health Connection just opened a new special enrollment period for uninsured Marylanders through June 15.
4. Weekly Cocktail Class: Join Round House Theatre’s Hudson Tang online Fridays at 5 p.m. to learn to make the Weekly Quarantini. Round House Artistic Director Ryan Rilette refers to it as the cocktail class for the socially distanced. Last week Tang made a Manhattan, find the recipe here. This week, learn to make the Springtime Hugo.
5. Home Activities to Keep Moving: Montgomery County Recreation is busy creating videos that show a variety of activities to do at home. Coach Cory highlights five free apps to download to your phone in the first video:
And One More Thing:
Stop the Spread of Coronavirus Misinformation: Watch this short video from MediaWise to learn how misinformation spreads and what you can do to stop the spread.