Rain on Monday and then a cold week. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Dec. 9.
1. In Court: Kevin Moris, the Montgomery County cop charged with assault because of his handling of a drug suspect, is in Montgomery Circuit Court. He faces charges of second-degree assault and misconduct in office.
2. Municipal Monday: The Rockville Mayor and Council meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave. The Kensington Town Council meets at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, 3710 Mitchell St. Gaithersburg’s Mayor and Council holds a worksession at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall, 31 S. Summit Ave. The Poolesville Town Commissioners meet at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 19721 Beall St.
3. State Matters: The Montgomery County Council gets a review of state issues ahead of the 2020 General Assembly session. The meetings starts at 12:30 p.m. in the Third Floor Hearing Room, Council Office Building, 100 Maryland Ave.
4. Reader Leader: Need something to do over the holidays?
— Elizabeth Knafelc (@PyleMedia) December 5, 2019
5. ICYMI: Our series #SeeMeMontgomery provides first-hand reports of how racism has affected the lives of Montgomery County residents. Click here to see all the videos.
And one more thing …The Festival of Lights is continuing through Dec. 31 at Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave., Wheaton. For more information, click here.