1. Conversation with Oldest Living Tuskegee Airman: In honor of Black History Month, Brig. Gen. Charles McGee, the oldest living Tuskegee Airman, is sharing his experiences as an African American pioneer in the U.S. Army Air Corps at 2 p.m. in the Silver Spring Civic Building. The event is hosted by SPARKLE and it’s free and seniors are encouraged to attend. RSVP to attend because the event is popular by emailing Silver Spring Village or by calling 301-503-7401.
2. Montgomery County Parks and Recreation Spring Registration is Open: People can officially start registering for spring classes and programs with Montgomery County Parks and Recreation.
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) February 9, 2020
3. Commission on People with Disabilities Meeting: Montgomery County’s Commission on People with Disabilities is meeting from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Executive Office Building in Rockville. Here’s a look at the agenda for the meeting.
4. Maple Sugaring: Register for Montgomery Parks’ Maple Sugaring program for a chance to stop by Brookeside Nature Center and learn about how maple syrup is made. The program costs $7 and is appropriate for children ages 3 and up.
Discover the tasty tree to table process of making maple syrup during Brookside Nature Center's Maple Sugaring Days.
Programs happen every Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday in February.
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) February 9, 2020
5. Montgomery Art Association Members Meeting: Montgomery Art Association meets at 6:30 p.m. at the Kensington Park Library. The guest speaker for the meeting is Jane Petit, a mixed media specialist who is “known for her unique sculptural shapes and provocative juxtaposition of materials.” Here is more information.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.