1. It’s National Caregivers Day: National Caregivers Day honors health care professionals across the country who provide long-term and hospice care. Take time to thank a caregiver for their dedication and care of our loved ones.
2. Tax Aide Program: Free tax preparation assistance by trained volunteers for low-to-moderate income Montgomery County taxpayers (special attention to SENIORS age 60+) will take place at the White Oak Library from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Click here to schedule an appointment.
3. Bone Builders: Bone Builders is a fun, evidence-based bone-building and fall prevention program. This is a free one-hour class that is offered to residents aged 55+. This will take place at the Olney Library from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Space is limited, please arrive 10 minutes early to set up for class. **REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, Contact Jean Cihlar at 301-774-9545 to register. Click here for more information.
4. Drop-in Pickleball: From 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. there will be a Pickleball open gym at the Potomac Community Recreation Center.
5. Animal Encounters: Go meet an animal in the Meadowside Nature Center lobby [5100 Meadowside Lane in Rockville] from 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This event is intended for ages 2 and up. Click here for more details.