Cloudy and cooler weather to start the week. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Jan. 13.
1. Municipal Monday: The Rockville Mayor and Council meets at 7 p.m. at Rockville City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave. The agenda may be found here.
2. Advisory Board: The Silver Spring Citizens Advisory Board meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Spring Civic Building, 1 Veterans Place. The agenda includes a legislative and policy update with Councilmember Hans Riemer.
3. Narcan Training: Residents concerned about a friend or family member with an opioid addiction are invited to attend. This is a free training session to learn how to identify an opioid overdose and use the rescue drug Narcan (also known as Naloxone) to reverse its effects. Participants must be 18 or older and may register by phone 240-777-1836 or email OverdoseResponseProgram@montgomerycountymd.gov. The training will take place from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Twinbrook Community Recreation Center, located at 12920 Twinbrook Parkway.
4. An Acoustic Night with the Nighthawks: Local blues and rock band, the Nighthawks, perform at Saint Mark Presbyterian Church at 7:30 p.m.
5. Gaithersburg Green Drinks: Anyone interested in learning to be more green may want to attend this month’s meeting of Gaithersburg Green Drinks. Larissa Johnson, from the Department of Environmental Protection, will highlight the new website, Montgomery Energy Connection and also share ways to lower your utility costs, keep money in your pocket, and help the County reach greenhouse gas emission goals. The meeting takes place at the Cineopolis Luxury Cinema from 6 to 8 p.m.