1. Grants and Loans for Businesses Webinar: The Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce and Councilmember Andrew Friedson are hosting a webinar today at noon on resources available through the State and County for businesses. Following the webinar, participants will receive a one-page overview of the grants available to businesses. Register here.
Join MCCC and @MoCoCouncilMD Councilmember @Andrew_Friedson this Friday for a webinar on resources available through @StateMaryland and @MontgomeryCoMD for businesses. RSVP: https://t.co/sDxuxm7d10 #MCCCAdvocacy pic.twitter.com/yBAVYXJFYT
— MCCCMD (@MCCCMD) March 25, 2020
2. Army Reaches out to Retired Medical Personnel: According to an article in The Washington Post, the Army is reaching out to eligible retired doctors, nurses and medics to see if they are willing to be recalled to military service.
3. Calling all Montgomery County Alumni: The MoCo Students for Change group wants to help seniors who are unable to visit potential colleges due to the coronaivirus public health emergency. The group are attempting to match current County high school seniors with alumni. Learn more, here.
4. Weekly Cocktail Class: Join Round House Theatre Food and Beverage Manager Hudson Tang online Fridays at 5 p.m. to learn to make the Weekly Quarantini. Round House Artistic Director Ryan Rilette refers to it as the cocktail class for the socially distanced. Click here to learn more information.
5. Real ID Deadline: The REAL ID deadline is postponed one year to Oct. 1, 2021.
And one more thing: Celebrity chef and Bethesda resident José Andrés is featured on the cover of TIME magazine this week.