We’ve finally made it to Friday and cooler temperatures! Check out the weather forecast. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Sept 13.
1. Friday the 13th: A rare full moon will appear in the night sky tonight. The last time the U.S. saw a full moon on Friday the 13th was Oct. 13, 2000, and it won’t happen again until Aug. 13, 2049.
2. Sports Hall of Fame: The inaugural class of Montgomery County Sports Hall of Fame will be inducted tonight. They include Dominque Dawes, Walter Johnson, Katie Ledecky, Bob Milloy, Bruce Murray and Shawn Springs. The ceremony takes place at the Silver Spring Civic Center from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
3. Immunization Clinics: Maryland requires youth in grades 7 through 12 to be vaccinated for tetanus, Diptheria, pertussis and meningococcal meningitis. Students who do not show proof of one Tdap and meningococcal vaccination will not be able to attend school starting September 23. Montgomery County is holding three clinics today, find the schedule and details, here.
4. Slime Time: The city of Rockville is hosting a class all about slime for ages 8 to 11 tonight at the Twinbrook Recreation Center. Participants choose from several different recipes to concoct their own special slime creation.
5. Weekend Guide: Check out our Weekend Planner for arts and entertainment suggestions.