1. Chronic Disease Self-Management Peer Leader Training: Become a Certified Living Well- Chronic Disease Self-Management Peer Leader. The Living Well Chronic Disease Self-Management (CDSMP) is an evidence- based program that teaches community members with chronic illnesses how to better manage their symptoms and use new techniques for living well. This will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Holy Cross Resource Center in Silver Spring.
2. School Immunizations: To ensure all students have a chance to receive the necessary immunizations, the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will hold free clinics for children in grades 7-12 throughout this month. Students without Maryland required immunizations will not be able to attend school starting Monday, September 23. Click here for more information about clinic schedules in the county.
3. Networking Event: Meet Your Legislators: The City of Gaithersburg Office of Economic Development and the Maryland Women’s Business Center invite you to attend a training and networking event with Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich and other local legislators from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Kentlands Mansion [320 Kent Square Road in Gaithersburg]. This event will feature a round-table discussion facilitated by local legislative experts, followed by a networking reception. Click here for more information.
On 9/19 meet local legislators to share your message about your business successes, needs and concerns while advocating for increased funding and support of women-owned small businesses. Register now! https://t.co/tBD79qgoG0 pic.twitter.com/i932z4JLhi
— marylandwbc (@marylandwbc) September 13, 2019
4. Parks, Party & Play -Bethesda Yappy Hour: From 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Elm Street Park [4600 Elm Street in Chevy Chase] there will be a pop-up dog park that will consist of a small dog and a large dog enclosure area for well-socialized dogs. Additionally, Bethesda restaurants will serve food, wine and beer. Entertainment will also be provided. Click here for more information.
5. Job Searching in the Digital Age for Older Adults (55+): This presentation covers finding and applying for jobs online, social media for job seekers, tips & advice. This will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at the Silver Spring Library on the 3rd floor in meeting room 2. Click here for more information.