Today is Monday, Sept. 2 Mostly sunny today. Still hot. Here’s the forecast.
1. Labor Day: A national holiday since 1894, Labor Day’s roots start in Canada. The History Channel has an informative video on how the first Monday in September became a day off from work.
2. What’s Closed: You can expect lots of offices to be closed. Here’s a list.
3. Municipal Monday: No meetings scheduled, but two communities have parades lined up. Kensington will have its 52nd annual Labor Day Parade and Festival starting at 10 a.m. Click here for the parade route and other details. Gaithersburg’s 81st annual Labor Day Parade starts at 1 p.m. Click here for more details.
4. Art Show: Glen Echo’s 49th Annual Labor Day Art Show runs from noon to 6 p.m. at Glen Echo Park, 7300 Macarthur Blvd. The Labor Day Art Show is an annual tradition that brings the community together to appreciate local artists and their work.
5. ICYMI: Retired coach Bob Milloy sat down with MCM’s Joe Yasharoff to talk about a career 405 wins and eight state championships.