Montgomery Community Media (MCM), the hub of hyperlocal content in Montgomery County, is always seeking the best ways to serve our community. We are asking for your input and feedback to stay attuned to the needs of our audiences, partners and supporters.
We need your help to achieve our goals. Please tell us about your evolving media needs and consumption by taking this brief survey. With less than five minutes of your time, you can make an invaluable contribution to MCM – and ultimately, to yourself.
Everyone who completes the survey will be automatically entered to win a free podcast class at our studios in Rockville.
Official Contest Rules
Montgomery Community Media (MCM)
Podcast Class Drawing
Official Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who complete the MCM Survey.
2. Employees (full-time and part-time) of Montgomery Community Media and their immediate family members are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. Complete the MCM Survey and provide your email address to enter the drawing.
a) To enter, log onto https://www.eurekafacts.com/mcm5/ and complete the survey.
b) The survey will be open from now through November 15, 2019.
c) One (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next drawing.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. That winner will receive entry to the Podcast Bootcamp workshop. Learn the nuts and bolts of podcasting with this one day class. Participants will learn how to create a podcast starting with a concept idea through all the steps of creation and distribution. The value of the the class is $190.
2. The winner will be notified by email. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Montgomery Community Media at the time of notification.
Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within fourteen (14) days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at Montgomery Community Media. If a winner is a minor, then the winner’s parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Montgomery Community Media reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within fourteen (14) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of MCM. MCM has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. MCM is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. MCM is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that MCM has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Montgomery Community Media at 7548 Standish Place, Rockville, MD 20855 by [Insert date, at least 30 days after end of contest].
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. MCM accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. MCM cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. MCM is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. MCM reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against MCM and its officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.