The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA) is set to start a new safety and resurfacing project on Maryland 108.
The $3.7 million project will resurface 3.7 miles of road on MD 108 from Olney Mill Road to Brooke Road in Olney and will last until late summer.
Additionally, the project will:
- Patch the road surface
- Repair, replace or clean inlets
- Clean storm drain pipes
- Repair concrete curb and gutter and medians
- Reconstruct driveways to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Upgrade pedestrian ramps and bus stops
- Upgrade traffic barriers
- Install new pavement markings
Crews will be working from now through the end of December and will start again once warmer weather returns in the spring.
Traffic will be disrupted as work crews will close a single lane of the MD 108 on Mondays through Fridays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and overnight 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday nights through Friday mornings.
Times and workdays may be added if they are necessary to keep the project on schedule.