County officials continue to monitor the number of new cases, deaths, hospitalizations, and hospital capacity. Officials have said public-health criteria must be met or show substantial progress to support a gradual reopening of businesses and relaxing of restrictions.
Based on the data released Wednesday, six of the 10 benchmarks included in the dashboard have been met. These include:
- A sustained decrease in COVID-19 related hospitalizations
- A sustained decrease in the number of patients with COVID-19 related symptoms visiting hospital emergency rooms in the county
- A sustained decrease in COVID-19 ICU hospitalizations
- A sustained daily ICU bed utilization rate of 80% or less of the available ICU bed space
- A sustained daily utilization rate of 70% or less of critical care equipment, such as ventilators
- Sustained flattening or decrease in test positivity
The benchmark regarding utilization rate of acute care hospital beds in Montgomery County showed some improvement Wednesday. So far, the utilization rate has been 70% or less for two days in the last 14.
The county updates the COVID-19 Dashboard data daily. The data posted Wednesday afternoon were:
• Number of new confirmed positive cases each day: 188 (three-day average); seven declining days out of the last 14
• Number of COVID-19 new deaths each day: seven (three-day average); eleven declining days
• COVID-19 related hospitalizations: 291 (three-day average); 14 declining days
• Number of COVID-19 related emergency room patients: 8 (three-day average); 14 declining days
• COVID-19 related intensive-care unit hospitalizations: 113 (three-day average); 14 declining days
• Acute care bed utilization rate: 70% (three-day average); the county benchmark of 70% or less has been met two of the last 14 days
• Intensive Care Unit bed utilization date: 71% (three-day average); the county benchmark of 80% or less has been met 14 out of the last 14 days
• Percentage of ventilators in use: 55% (three-day average); the county benchmark of 70% or less has been met 14 out of the last 14 days
• Test positivity rate: 12% (three-day average); 14 declining days
Correction: The second photo was originally labeled Montgomery County COVID-19 Dashboard as of June 1. This has been changed to Montgomery County COVID-19 Dashboard as of June 2.