Pier 1 Imports announced in January a plan to close up to 450 locations, or about half of its total store count. The Texas-based home decor retail chain will close their two Montgomery County stores by spring, according to the Store Reporter. Markdowns are already in progress at the Rockville Pike and Rio stores.
The announcement was based on poor third quarter financial results which ended Nov. 30, 2019. The company also intends to close some distribution centers, reduce corporate expenses, and reduce the size of the corporate staff.
According to a report on Busineess Insider, the list of closing stores includes nine in Maryland.
The location of the Maryland Pier 1 Imports stores slated to close include:
- 405 North Center St, Westminster
- 8165-A Honeygo Blvd, Nottingham
- 2320 North Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury
- 30 Grand Corner Avenue, Gaithersburg
- 1809 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore
- 45098 Worth Ave, California
- 1352 Main Chapel Way, Gambrills
- 12641 Ocean Gtwy, Ocean City
- 12137 Rockville Pike, Rockville