kitchen fire

June 25, 2020 | Tori Bergel

Loose Batteries Cause Accidental House Fire

Two people have been displaced after loose batteries caused their two-story North Potomac home to accidentally catch fire. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to the house in the 14600 block of Settlers Landing Way at around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for MCFRS, the fire originated in the kitchen, started […]

Read more

December 16, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Kitchen Fire at Chevy Chase Apartment Complex Displaces Two Families

A fire at the Riveria House, an 11 story apartment complex on East-West Highway in Chevy Chase, has caused $75,000 worth of damages. As a result of the fire, two families have been displaced from the apartment complex. According to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue, the fire started on the seventh […]

Read more

May 25, 2014 | Sonya Burke

Bakery Fire in Kentlands

Montgomery County firefighters responded to a bakery fire at 119 Market Street in downtown Kentlands around 10 p.m. on May 24. On his Twitter account, Fire Spokesperson Pete Piringer said some smoke was showing when the first units arrived on the scene of the Gaithersburg business. He said the building’s sprinkler system controlled the fire, […]

Read more

January 22, 2014 | Sonya Burke

Kensington Man Dies from Injuries Sustained in Kitchen Fire

UPDATED Montgomery County firefighters are investigating a fatal kitchen fire in Kensington. It happened at 4:30 a.m. on Jan. 22 in the 3900 block of Decatur Avenue. At the scene, firefighters found a 70-year-old man severely burned in the kitchen area of the home. According to a fire official, preliminary information indicates the man was […]

Read more

November 5, 2012 | Staff Writer

fire investigation area picture

House Fire

Forty Montgomery County firefighters responded to a house fire in the 7200 block of Garland Avenue shortly after 2 p.m. on Nov. 4 in Takoma Park. The fire began in the kitchen area and was quickly extinguished, according to Assistant Chief Scott Graham, with no extension to the house. The cause of the blaze has […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter