sept. 8

September 9, 2020 | Michelle Queen

Montgomery County Announces 7 Free COVID-19 Testing Locations

Montgomery County is running seven COVID-19 testing clinics the week of September 7. The clinics provide free walk-in and drive-thru testing at multiple locations throughout the county. Testing is free, no doctor’s order is required, and no appointments are needed. The clinics are using tests provided by CIAN Diagnostic Laboratories in Frederick through a contract […]

Read more

September 8, 2020 | Michelle Queen

COVID-19 Numbers: 356 New State Cases, 48 in Montgomery County Reported Tuesday

Tuesday morning the Maryland Department of Health reported 48 new COVID-19 cases in Montgomery County, bringing the total to 20,766 since the first case was reported in March. This is the lowest number since Aug. 26 when 47 cases were recorded. With a lower rate than 15 of Maryland’s 24 jurisdictions, the county had a […]

Read more

September 8, 2020 | Deirdre Byrne

Five Things to Know Today, Sept. 8, in Montgomery County

It’s Tuesday, Sept. 8, and MyMCMedia hopes that everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County: 1. Metro Stations Open:  For the first time since March 19, all Metro Stations are officially open. Here’s more information. 2. Gaithersburg City Council Meeting:  There’s a Gaithersburg Mayor and City […]

Read more

September 4, 2020 | Suzanne Pollak

MCPS Will Distribute Free Meals For Children Under 18 Again

Montgomery County Public Schools will again distribute free meals to all county children younger than 18 on Tuesday, Sept. 8. “We have received additional guidance from the state and have been cleared to return to our summer model of meal service where all children, youth and students can receive free meals,” said Gboyinde Onijala, MCPS […]

Read more

August 25, 2020 | Suzanne Pollak

Three-Fourths of St. John’s Episcopal Students Opt For In-Class Learning

About 75 percent of the students at St. John’s Episcopal School in Olney plan to enter their classroom on the first day of school. The other 25 percent have opted to learn at home through virtual learning. The new school year for students in Pre-K through eighth grade will start on Sept. 8 with an […]

Read more

September 5, 2019 | Staff Writer

Festivals You Don’t Want to Miss This September

If you are looking to attend some fun events, this is the right time of year. Several festivals are coming up this September in Montgomery County. Here is a list of some of our favorite festivals where you, your family and friends can enjoy food, music, art and culture: PawPaw Festival   Noon to 4 p.m. […]

Read more

September 4, 2019 | Michelle Queen

We Love Weekends: Montgomery County Planner for Sept 5-8

Here’s our guide to arts and entertainment in Montgomery County, Sept. 5-8. Marcia Ball:  Pianist and songwriter Marcia Ball brings her signature swampy, bluesy, boogie-woogie roadhouse sound to AMP. The 2018 Texas State Musician of the Year has achieved global acclaim for her ability to ignite a full-scale roadhouse rhythm and blues party every time she […]

Read more

August 19, 2019 | Michelle Queen

New Wheaton Library and Recreation Center Will Be ‘First of Its Kind’ in County

The new Wheaton Library and Recreation Center’s grand opening is scheduled for Sunday, September 8 at 2 p.m.  David Dise, the Director of General Services, which oversees the construction project, recently spoke with County Cable Montgomery’s Lorna Virgili about the facility. Watch more from our PEG partner, County Cable Montgomery, here.   The recreation center […]

Read more

August 5, 2019 | Andrea Sarralde

Nueva Biblioteca de Wheaton Abre sus Puertas en Septiembre

La gran inauguración de la Biblioteca de Wheaton y el Centro de Recreación Comunitario, se llevará a cabo el domingo 8 de septiembre a las 2 p.m. A la inauguración se espera la presencia del Ejecutivo del Condado de Montgomery, Marc Elrich, y las instalaciones se abrirán al público inmediatamente después del evento. Join us […]

Read more

August 2, 2019 | Abigail Brooke

New Wheaton Library to Open in September

UPDATE Friday at 9 a.m.: The grand opening for the Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center has been changed to Sunday, September 8 at 2 p.m. The facility will open following the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Original Post: The Wheaton Library officially has an opening date. The grand opening of the new Wheaton Library and Recreational Center will […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter