Congressman Jamie Raskin (MD 8th District) will talk about H.R. Bill 40 – the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act during a webinar Friday at noon.
The webinar is one of the events presented by the Montgomery County Commission on Remembrance & Reconciliation and the Montgomery County Lynching Memorial Project.
In addition to Congressman Raskin, speakers include:
- Jason Green, Chair, Commission on Remembrance and Reconciliation
- Dr. Jeanne Toungara, Commissioner; Chair, Reconciliation Sub-committee
- Congressman Aisha Satterwhite, Commissioner; Chair, Remembrance Sub-committee
- Suzan Jenkins, Commissioner; CEO, Arts and Humanities Council
- Jim Stowe, Director office of Human Rights
Montgomery Community Media will stream the webinar starting at noon on MCM’s YouTube channel, or watch below:
There will be a question and answer period following the presentation.
Registration is available online for the webinar here.