Today is Monday, Sept. 6. Partly cloudy, here’s the forecast.
1. Labor Day: Labor Day is a federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September to recognize the contributions and achievements of workers.
2. What’s Closed: Most government offices are closed. Check this list.
3. Parade: Kensington’s 53rd Annual Labor Day Parade and Festival starts at 11 a.m. The festival takes place along Armory Avenue.
4. Art Show: The 50rh Annual Labor Day Art Show at Glen Echo runs from noon to 6 p.m. Monday.
5. Open Parkways: Montgomery Parks extends the Open Parkways program through Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 7 a.m.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.