Montgomery County government has posted the following holiday schedule for the Labor Day holiday, Monday, September 6:
- County Offices – closed.
- Libraries – closed on September 1 and 2.
- County-operated COVID-19 vaccination and testing centers, and the County-operated COVID-19 call center – closed Sunday, Sept. 5, and Monday, Sept. 6.
- County Alcohol Beverage Services – all ABS stores will be open from noon to 5 p.m.
- Ride On and Flash Service – will operate on Sunday schedule. Search by route number here.
- Ride On Flex – service available, Ride On extRa not in service.
- Metrorail and Metrobus – will operate on a Sunday schedule, the information is available at www.wmata.com
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus – no service, the information is available at maryland.gov/service-for-labor-day
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center – open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter store – closed.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – free.
- County-provided refuse/recycling pickup – no collection. Trash and recycling will not be collected by County-operated service on Monday, Sept. 6. After the holiday, County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide to be collected one day later than normal. Collections will be completed on the weekend of Sept. 11.
- Shady Grove Transfer Station and Recycling Center, and the County administrative office, will be closed.
- County aquatics programs and facilities are open. (Note: the Germantown Indoor and Martin Luther King Swim Centers are closed for annual maintenance. The Upper County Outdoor Pool has closed for the season.)
- All recreation centers, senior centers and administrative offices are closed.
- Montgomery Parks—Find the schedule for open parkways and seasonal amenities at MontgomeryParks.org.
Most city facilities will be closed on Monday, September. 6, in observance of Labor Day.
- The Miniature Golf Course will open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Water Park will open from Noon to 5 p.m. for residents and aquatics members only
- Note that select streets in Kentlands and Lakelands will be closed and some parking restrictions will be in place for the Kentlands/Lakelands 5K the morning of Saturday, Sept. 4.
- Lane reductions and shifts in traffic patterns will occur during the Labor Day Picnic & Fireworks the evening of Sept. 5. If you are not attending the event, please take alternate routes to avoid Route 355 adjacent to Bohrer Park.
- The collection of recycled materials for residents whose regular recycling day is Monday, September 6, will be collected Saturday, Sept. 4.
In observance of Labor Day City offices & most facilities will be closed Sept 6, 2021 w/ the exception of the following
⛳ Mini Golf Course will open from 11am-7pm
🏊♀️ Water Park will open from noon-5pm for City Residents & Aquatics Members ONLY
— City of Gaithersburg (@GburgMD) September 1, 2021
Most city facilities will be closed Monday, September 6, in observance of Labor Day.
- City Hall – closed.
- Lincoln Park – closed.
- Thomas Farm and Twinbrook community centers – closed.
- Rockville Senior Center – closed.
- Croydon Creek Nature Center – closed.
- Glenview Mansion and F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre – closed.
- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center will be open. For individual swim and fitness center facilities hours, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/swimcenter.
- Recycling, trash and yard waste collection will occur one day later than usual throughout the week. For more information on holiday collection schedules, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/recycling-trash or call 240-314-8568.
- Parking will be free at city-owned meters.