Today is Friday, April 2, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. Virtual Memorial Service for Tommy Raskin : The Raskin family will host a virtual memorial service for Thomas “Tommy” Raskin on Saturday at 11 a.m. The service will be streamed via YouTube and the public is invited to join the virtual memorial as the family celebrates Tommy’s life and share their memories of his past and his visions for the future.
2. County COVID-19 Testing Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at six testing sites today, and nine sites this weekend. Health officials continue to stress the importance of testing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
3. COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-registration: Gov. Larry Hogan announced Thursday that Marylanders ages 16+ may pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine at the state’s mass vaccination sites. Montgomery County has opened preregistration at county-run vaccine centers to all county residents 16-and-over.
4. Food Resources: Two food distribution events are happening today in Bethesda and Rockville, two Saturday in Silver Spring and Takoma Park, and one in Rockville Sunday. Click here to see the schedule and additional resources.
5. COVID-19 Restrictions for Sporting Events: The health regulation easing restrictions on the number of spectators allowed at sporting events takes effect today at 5 p.m.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.