It’s Tuesday, April 5, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Montgomery County Council: Councilmembers will meet today starting at 9:00 a.m.
View agenda and staff report here.
The Council meeting will be televised live on County Cable Montgomery (Xfinity channels 6 and 996, RCN channels 6 and 1056; and FiOS channel 30). The meeting is also available live via streaming through the Council website at http://tinyurl.com/z9982v8, Facebook Live (@MontgomeryCountyMdCouncil or @ConcejodelCondadodeMontgomery), or YouTube (@MoCoCouncilMD).
2. World Autism Awareness Day: The Council will present a proclamation recognizing Autism Acceptance Month today.
On this #WorldAutismAwarenessDay, we speak out against discrimination & recommit ourselves to the inclusion & participation of those with autism. The Council will present a proclamation recognizing Autism Acceptance Month on April 5. pic.twitter.com/7juXqMdJXj
— Montgomery Council (@MoCoCouncilMD) April 2, 2022
3. Energy Summit: This year’s Summit will focus on Innovation in three topic areas: Technology Implementation, Policy & Program Design, and Creativity in Financing Projects.
The Montgomery County Energy Summit will be held on Tuesday, April 5, and Wednesday, April 6. @MyGreenMC and the U.S. Green Building Council National Capital Region are the co-hosts of the 9th annual Summit. Details ➡️ https://t.co/28BhsUwnbE. pic.twitter.com/bZ3l8GEDjk
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) March 31, 2022
More information here.
4. Office of Consumer Protection: Seminars for Seniors. Today Leisure World . 2-3 p.m. In person for residents only.
5. Montgomery History: Clarence Hickey will relate stories and use historic photos of Montgomery County to describe the life of the country doctor and community servant, who lived from 1830-1903.
“The Country Doctor in the 1800s: The Life and Times of Dr. Edward Stonestreet of Rockville” will be theme at 2 p.m. on Tuesday (April 5), in an online presentation from @MCHIST. Learn more ➡️ https://t.co/pgjT4IdVi5. pic.twitter.com/ubOaIhzFE5
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) April 3, 2022
More information here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.