Today is Thursday, Dec. 2, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Board of Education: The school board meets today with public items starting at 12:30 p.m. The agenda includes a decision on the calendar for the next school year at 1:45 p.m. Watch the meeting streamed live on the MCPS-TV YouTube channel.
2. Planning Board: The planning board meets today starting at 4 p.m. The agenda may be found here and includes a public hearing for the Silver Spring Downtown and adjacent communities plan at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be streamed via the Montgomery Planning Board website.
3. Climate Change Town Hall: The Montgomery County Council will host a virtual town hall meeting to answer questions and listen to concerns regarding climate change and the environment tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. Residents may sign up and submit questions before the meeting, here. The meeting will be streamed live via YouTube and on Facebook Live and may be watched on County Cable Montgomery on channels 30 (Fios), 1056 (RCN) and 996 (Xfinity).
4. Rockville Community Meeting: The City of Rockville holds a virtual public meeting at 6 p.m. to present preliminary concept plans to make two Rockville Town Center roads friendlier to businesses, pedestrians and bicyclists.
5. Workshops for Job Seekers: The public library system is offering online workshops and one-on-one sessions to assist job seekers throughout December free of charge.
🆕 December workshops from @MCPL_Libraries! Check out the free online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs 💻➡️ https://t.co/Yv4DlaoT7l. pic.twitter.com/Fo4balzJBs
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) November 29, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.