It’s Tuesday, February 8, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Montgomery County Council Session: Council Members meet today starting at 9:00 a.m.
View agenda and staff report here.
Public hearings for the budget (FY23) Operating Budget will be held today at 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Future Public Hearings: To testify at a Council Public Hearing, please sign up online at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/phsignup.html, or call 240-777-7803.
The Council meeting is conducted remotely via Zoom and will be televised live on County Cable Montgomery (Xfinity channels 6 and 996, RCN channels 6 and 1056; and FiOS channel 30). The meeting is also available live via streaming through the Council website at http://tinyurl.com/z9982v8, Facebook Live (@MontgomeryCountyMdCouncil or @ConcejodelCondadodeMontgomery), or YouTube (@MoCoCouncilMD).
2. Board of Education: MCPS Superintendent to be appointed today.
.@mocoboe will vote on its appointment of the superintendent of schools during its Feb. 8 meeting. The meeting begins at 9 a.m. A media briefing will take place at 9:30 a.m. Community members can watch the briefing at https://t.co/3UJVLWkg2H
— MCPS (@MCPS) February 7, 2022
It will be livestreamed on YouTube.
To see the full agenda click here.
3. Session for Renters: Avoiding Eviction & Working with Landlords session today at 5:00 p.m.
There are two information sessions for renters taking place this week! They are scheduled for Tuesday (Feb 8.) at 5 p.m. and Wednesday (Feb. 9) at 7 p.m. Register to attend 💻➡️ https://t.co/iW68pkdXF5. pic.twitter.com/wJki5nDR9g
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) February 7, 2022
For more information and registration click here.
4. Free Tree: Reforest Montgomery works closely with Tree Montgomery, a program of the Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection, to provide free trees to owners of property within Montgomery County.
Shade trees help to keep our neighborhoods cool and can reduce home energy usage by 16 percent. We’re offering free shade trees through our Reforest Montgomery program. Claim your free tree by Feb. 8. https://t.co/ZbVw1GSbTi pic.twitter.com/UYQuaoeGTD
— Montgomery Planning (@montgomeryplans) February 5, 2022
For more information click here.
5. Food Distributions: Up-County Food Distribution at Germantown Elementary School 19110 Liberty Mill Rd, Germantown, MD 20874 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Also, Hughes UMC Mid County Hub Food Distributions from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 10700 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring MD 20902. For more information click here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.