Montgomery County Public Schools are open Monday as scheduled. However 81 buses are not running today due to staff shortages. This list of routes is posted on the MCPS website. Here are five more things to know today, Jan. 10.
1. Virtual Family Round Table: The Maryland State Department of Education hosts a discussion on the future of Maryland education with Superintendent of Schools Mohammed Choudhury and State Board Parent Representative Lori Morrow tonight at 6 p.m. The discussion will be streamed over YouTube and viewers are encouraged to submit questions.
MD Families: Join our #VirtualFamilyRoundtable Monday Jan. 10 at 6 p.m. for a discussion on the future of MD education.
— Maryland State Department of Education (@MdPublicSchools) January 7, 2022
2. Rapid COVID-19 Test Distribution: Starting today, 19 Montgomery County Public Libraries will be distributing rapid tests for COVID-19 on a first-come, first-serve basis.
3. Ice Skating: There are several places in the county to go ice skating during the week. Visit Montgomery created a list of the best places to ice skate and they are all open today.
4. Walk This Way on Kingsley Trail: Montgomery Parks has an art installation featured in the ‘Walk This Way’ series on Kingsley Trail in Little Bennett Regional Park. The trail is less than a mile and open today for visitors of the artwork created by Inga Adda.
5. Supports and Options Available to Renters: The Montgomery County Department of Housing and Community Affairs and the Department of Health and Human Services host a virtual discussion about options for struggling renters tomorrow from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Visit the Montgomery County Public Libraries page to register.
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) January 6, 2022
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.