It’s Thursday, Jan. 20 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. MCPS Virtual Learning: 16 schools will remain in a period of virtual learning for 10 days starting today through Friday, Jan. 29.
2. Women Making History: The deadline for nominations is today. This award is given in recognition of outstanding women in Montgomery County making significant contributions in their vocation and in the community.
There are just a few days left to get your 2022 Women Making History Award nominations in! The deadline for nominations is Thursday (Jan. 20). Get the details ➡️ https://t.co/uoRBM7ufqr. @MoCoWomen pic.twitter.com/1gZdXEtP6H
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) January 18, 2022
3. Online Workshops: One-on-one sessions for job seekers, entrepreneurs, and renters.
Workshops by @MCPL_Libraries for job seekers and entrepreneurs this week:
◾️ Tuesday/Thursday, Jan. 18 and 20: LinkedIn Boot Camp
◾️ Wednesday, Jan. 19: How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) January 16, 2022
To read more about each session and register online, visit the MCPL events webpage.
4. Oak Chapel UM Hub Food Distribution: Drive-thru food distribution every Thursday from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at 14500 Layhill Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20906. Case Manager available to assist the public with Social services; Government assistance; SNAP/Food stamp; Mental health; COVID-19 testing and vaccination; Community clinic; Emergency rental and utilities assistance; Immigration information; Foreclosure prevention; Health insurance.
For appointment or walk-in contact Alejandra at 202-642-5316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5. MLK Plogging Challenge: This event is one of many offered during the MLK Week of Service. Students who participate can earn Student Service Learning (SSL) hours.
Progress during the event can be tracked through the Litterati phone app. The event will last from Jan. 15 to Jan. 22.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.