Today is Wednesday, March 17, and it’s St. Patrick’s Day! Here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. Weekly County COVID-19 Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich, County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles and Emergency Management Director Dr. Earl Stoddard will hold their weekly media briefing at 12:30 p.m. You can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook and YouTube channels.
💻 @MontCoExec Marc Elrich will meet with reporters virtually at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow (March 17) to provide #COVID19 updates.
Watch the media briefing live @CountyCableMoCo.
ℹ ➡ https://t.co/4DbE9HvQao. pic.twitter.com/GQodU85bbH
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) March 16, 2021
2. County COVID-19 Testing Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at nine testing sites today.
3. Food Access Survey Deadline: Today is the deadline to fill out the Montgomery County Food Council’s Community Food Access survey. The council wants input from residents to guide plans for food distribution this year.
The Food Council has a short COVID-19 Community Food Access survey seeking input from residents to guide Montgomery County food security initiatives in 2021. Survey closes tomorrow, Wed., March 17th, 2021.
Access the survey here: https://t.co/cTGe0PsyLn pic.twitter.com/pLf7agPV2w
— Montgomery County DHHS (@MoCoDHHS) March 16, 2021
4. Temporary Garage Closure: Level 4 in Wheaton Market Place Garage (Garage 13) will be temporarily closed for about three months beginning around this time. Waterproofing and concrete repair work will be completed during this time.
On or about March 17, 2021, Level 4 in Wheaton Market Place Garage (Garage 13) in Wheaton will be temporarily closed for approximately 3 months. The temporary closure is necessary to facilitate waterproofing and concrete repair work. @MCDOTNow @WheatonMD pic.twitter.com/tlHnbjbfgF
— MCDOT Division of Parking Management (@MCDOT_Parking) March 16, 2021
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “How to Choose a New Computer” and “Wellness Wednesday: Voice Assistants.”
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.