Today is Monday, May 2 and here are five things to know happening in Montgomery County today.
1. Schools Closed: The is no school for MCPS students today.
2. Council Committee Work: Four of the six council committees meet today to continue work on the operating budget for 2023. All sessions are televised live on County Cable Montgomery and streamed on YouTube.
- Planning, Housing and Economic Development (PHED) Committee meets at 9:30 a.m. Watch the meeting streamed live on YouTube.
- Public Safety (PS) also meets at 9:30 a.m. Watch the committee session streamed live on YouTube.
- Government Operations (GO) meets at 1:30 p.m. Watch the committee session streamed live on YouTube.
- Transportation and Environment (T&E) Committee also meets at 1:30 p.m. Watch the meeting streamed live on YouTube.
3. Community Use of Public Facilities: Changes to the process groups use to reserve rooms in public facilities takes effect today. Learn more in the “Quick Reminder: Navigating ActiveMONTGOMERY effective May 2, 2022” article.
4. Municipal Monday: The Gaithersburg Mayor and Council meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. The agenda and information packet may be found online. Poolesville Town Commissioners meet at 7 p.m., here is the agenda. The Rockville Mayor and Council meet at 7 p.m. The agenda and information may be found online.
5. School District Stops Contact Tracing: Montgomery County Public Schools stop providing individual COVID-19 contact tracing starting today.
And One More Thing: There is still time to plan a visit to the Washington D.C. Temple in Kensington which is open to the public for the first time in nearly 50 years. The free open house continues until June 11. MyMCM spoke with some attendees last Thursday:
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.