Today is Friday, May 21, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at six testing sites today, and 10 sites this weekend. Montgomery County clinics are now vaccinating Marylanders age 12 and older. Appointments may be made online here.
2. Bike to Work Day: The annual event hosted by Commuter Connections and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association takes place today in the D.C. region. There are 20 pit stops in the county.
3. National Zoo Reopens: The National Zoo, the National Museum of American History, and the National Museum of the American Indian reopen today. Visitors to the zoo and museum’s need to reserve free timed-entry passes.
4. Montgomery College Commencement: The Class of 2021 will graduate virtually at 10 a.m. today. Watch the graduation streamed live below.
5. Spanish Diner Opens in Bethesda: Chef Jose Andrés opened a new restaurant in Bethesda last week and the menu is all about comfort foods. MyMCM visited the restaurant and spoke with Head Chef Daniel Lugo , take a look.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.