Today is Wednesday, May 26, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Weekly County COVID-19 Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich, County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles and Emergency Management Director Dr. Earl Stoddard will hold their weekly media briefing at 12:30 p.m. You can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
💻📲📺 @MontCoExec Marc Elrich will meet with reporters virtually tomorrow to provide #COVID19 updates. Watch the 12:30 p.m. media briefing live on @CountyCableMoCo. Details ➡️ https://t.co/njN4caxqAH. @MoCoDHHS @ReadyMontgomery pic.twitter.com/uuDVutqJAr
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) May 25, 2021
2. Vaccine Clinic for MCPS Students: From 12-7 p.m., the county will hold a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Paint Branch High School for MCPS students ages 12 and older. Make an appointment here.
Parents & guardians: @MoCoDHHS will host a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Paint Branch High School for MCPS students (12 years & older) using the Pfizer vaccine Wed., May 26 from 12 p.m.-7 p.m.
Make an appointment: https://t.co/nUsArOGxaZ
— MCPS (@MCPS) May 24, 2021
3. Pride Town Hall: From 6-9 p.m., Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) will virtually-hold its annual Pride Town Hall.
— MCPS (@MCPS) May 25, 2021
4. County COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at eight testing sites today.
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Introduction to Social Media” and “Tech Talks about Wearables.”
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.