Today is Wednesday, Oct. 20, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Weekly County Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich, Assistant Chief Administrative Officer Dr. Earl Stoddard and other county officials will hold their media briefing at 12:30 p.m. Residents can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
🆕 @MontCoExec Marc Elrich will provide #COVID19 updates at his weekly media briefing Wednesday, Oct. 20.
💻 Watch live at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow @CountyCableMoCo.
📰➡ https://t.co/eZ9eei0MYS. pic.twitter.com/vyze4D7qhE
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) October 19, 2021
2. Redistricting Meeting: The Commission on Redistricting will meet from 5-7 p.m. to choose a final redistricting map for the county council to review. The meeting will be livestreamed on the council’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
3. COVID-19 Vaccines: Montgomery County offers free COVID-19 vaccines at multiple locations across the county. See locations and make an appointment here. Walk-ins are allowed.
It’s never too late to schedule a vaccination appointment for you or a loved one.
— Montgomery County DHHS (@MoCoDHHS) October 19, 2021
4. Outdoor Family Storytime: Montgomery County Public Libraries has outdoor family storytime opportunities at several libraries this morning. See the schedule here and bring a blanket to sit on.
5. Senior Planet: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Smartphones” and “Easy-To-Follow Tai Chi.”
🆕 Senior Planet Montgomery, a technology training program designed for County learners 50 and older, is offering free online classes this week that focus on how to thrive at home.
📰 Read the news release ➡ https://t.co/CWvJg4PJd1.
💻 Learn more ➡ https://t.co/e7x366YATd. pic.twitter.com/eA1sjONqeO
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) October 18, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.