Today is Monday, Oct. 4, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council Media Briefing: Council President Tom Hucker and Vice President Gabe Albornoz will hold a media briefing today at 10 a.m. to discuss the ride on bus system, the fare equity study and other council business. Public Health Emergency Preparedness Manager Sean O’Donnell will provide a COVID-19 update. The briefing will be streamed on the Council’s Facebook here.
2. Domestic Violence in Montgomery County: October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The Montgomery County Domestic Violence Coordinating Council and domestic violence survivors gather today to highlight services available to victims of domestic violence.
3. Municipal Monday: The Mayor and Council of Gaithersburg meet virtually at 7:30 p.m. and the agenda may be found here. The Poolesville Town Commissioners meet at 7 p.m. and the agenda may be found here. The Mayor and Council of Rockville hold a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. The meeting agenda may be found here.
4. Vaccination Proof Required: Starting today, The Fillmore Silver Spring requires attendees to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result or full COVID-19 vaccination. Fillmore will accept a printed copy of a negative test result or vaccination, or the original vaccination card.
5. Libraries Launch New Online Catalog: The public libraries implement an improved online catalog, known as Aspen Discovery, today.
Our new catalog launches Monday, Oct. 4! Read this post to learn what services will be limited this weekend during the transition, & the many new catalog features! https://t.co/EnWsXgeADY pic.twitter.com/65XDEEXwjq
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) October 1, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.