It’s Wednesday, Sept. 7, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Weekly Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich and health leaders will hold their media briefing at 12:30 p.m. Residents can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
2. Vaccine Booster: Montgomery County has a limited amount of the newly-approved bivalent COVID-19 vaccine boosters at county clinics this week. Residents can make an appointment here.
We have a limited amount of the new bivalent vaccines at County clinics this week. Make an appointment at https://t.co/DlRypM1C5Y. @MDHealthDept vaccine locator shows multiple pharmacies nearby with vaccine too. pic.twitter.com/iQjCfp6FuL
— Montgomery County DHHS (@MoCoDHHS) September 6, 2022
3. Drive-Thru Food Distribution: Stop by South Lake Elementary School from 1-2:30 p.m. to receive boxed groceries in your car.
— The Upcounty Hub (@UpCountyHub) September 6, 2022
4. Libraries: Check out programs offered today with Montgomery County Public Libraries.
5. ICYMI: The City of Gaithersburg offers cultural presentations and activities during Hispanic Heritage Month (HHM), which is observed annually from Sept. 15 through Oct. 15. HHM celebrates the culture and traditions of residents whose ancestry can be traced to Spain, Mexico, and the Spanish-speaking nations of Central and South America and the Caribbean.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.