Until June 30th elegible residents would have the opportunity to apply to the fourth phase of the rent relief program which provides financial assistance for tenants that have experienced a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 health crisis.
To be eligible for funds, households must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Have experienced COVID-19 financial hardship.
- Have a household gross income from either their 2020 or 2021 tax return or the previous 30 days that is at or below 50 percent of area median income.
- Have resided in Montgomery County since at least August 2021.
- Have an obligation to pay rent, formally or informally.
- Be behind on their rental obligation by at least two months.
–DEADLINE TODAY @ 5 PM–
Eligible county renters can apply for additional rent relief through the County’s Rent Relief program, which provides financial assistance for tenants who have experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic.
— Montgomery County DHHS (@MoCoDHHS) June 30, 2022
Funding for the fourth phase comes from U.S. Department of the Treasury Emergency Rental Assistance funds in direct allocations to the County and as a sub-grantee to the State of Maryland. In the previous three phases of the program, $78 million in rental assistance has been distributed to approximately 10,500 Montgomery County households, according to the local government.
To apply for relief funds, visit www.mc311.com/rentrelief.