One family, including two adults and one child, were displaced after a fire Tuesday night in Aspen Hill, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer.
There were no injuries. MCFRS was dispatched at about 7:15 p.m. to the 3400 block of Hewitt Avenue, Piringer wrote on Twitter. He said the fire was most probably caused by improperly discarded smoking materials.
The fire originated on the second-floor balcony of a garden style apartment, with some extension.
Damage is estimated to be around $150,000.
Update (initial dispatch ~715p) Hewitt Avenue, 2-story/loft condos; fire on 2nd floor balcony w/ some extension; Origin/Cause, exterior balcony, most probable cause improperly discarded smoking materials; 1 family, 2 adults/1 child displaced; Damage, ~$150K; no injuries https://t.co/wgJ9THnnVD pic.twitter.com/CZuApv0Uz3
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) December 14, 2022