1. MCPS Boundary Analysis Meeting: Montgomery County Public Schools is inviting the public to weigh in on the boundary analysis study at Julius West Middle School in Rockville from 7 to 9 p.m. The boundary analysis study will examine MCPS’s current school boundaries and seeks to understand how its boundaries can best be refined.
People can weigh in on @MCPS’ boundary analysis study at these upcoming meetings:
🚌 Dec. 11 at Julius West Middle
🚌 Dec. 14 at White Oak Middle
🚌 Jan. 7 Walter Johnson High
🚌 Jan. 11 at Blair High
🚌 Jan. 14 at Northwest Highhttps://t.co/BD6BBNK1yS
— MyMCMedia (@mymcmedia) December 9, 2019
2. The Children’s Inn at NIH Santa Ride: The Children’s Inn at NIH is teaming up with the Montgomery County Police Department to bring Santa on a motorcycle ride that will make several stops throughout Montgomery County. From 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Santa will stop in Germantown, Gaithersburg, Olney, Silver Spring, and Bethesda to collect gifts from local businesses. The gifts will be donated to families and children staying at The Children’s Inn at NIH. Click here for a tentative look at the schedule for the event tomorrow.
3. Eat Sweets with Cops in Wheaton, Damascus: From 1 to 2 p.m., people can attend a Candy Cane with a Cop conversation with Wheaton District police officers. The event is located at 11160 Veirs Mill Road. Then, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., people can meet Germantown District police officers at the Cocoa with a Cop at Santa’s Workshop event which will be located at the Damascus Recreation Center.
4. Last Chance to Weigh in on Royal Farms in Gaithersburg: It’s the last day to weigh in on the schematic development plan to build a Royal Farms and Starbucks in the area of North Frederick Avenue and MD 335 at Watkins Mill as part of the City of Gaithersburg’s new Spectrum community plan. Comments on the plan will be included in the record if they are emailed to the Gaithersburg Planning Commission by 5 p.m. The Gaithersburg City Council will decide the fate of the plan on Jan. 6.
5. Eagle Battalion Booster Club is Selling Ornaments: Magruder High School’s Eagle Battalion Booster Club is selling White House Christmas ornaments that honor President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Proceeds will support Magruder’s Army JROTC program. Here’s more information.