Rain and clouds are in the forecast. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Dec. 17.
1. Music of the Season: NIH Chamber Singers, a group of 18 singers led by Dwight Brock, are performing “Music of the Seasons” at Twinbrook Library in Rockville at 6:30 p.m.
Join us at #TwinbrookLibrary, December 17th at 6:30PM as the NIH Chamber Singers perform, “Music of the Season,” a Winter concert of choral music celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Chamber Singers. This will be a concert experience for everyone. https://t.co/c7CerjmuB8 pic.twitter.com/bHBeolyb1n
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) December 4, 2019
2. Laytonsville Fire Department Santa Run: At 5:30 p.m., the Laytonsville Fire Department will continue its Santa Run in the Town of Laytonsville near Warfield Road and Plum Creek Drive.
3. Servpro Ribbon Cutting: The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce are celebrating the opening of Servpro from 9 to 10 a.m. Servpro will provide water damage restoration services for Gaithersburg, Germantown, Montgomery Village, and Washington Grove. The ribbon cutting is located at 7901 Queenair Drive in suite 104. Registration to attend the ribonn cutting is free and open to the public.
4. Spirit Club’s 7 Day Free Demo: Spirit Club, a fitness provider that aims to empower people with disabilities so that they may have greater access to health and fitness programs, opened a studio two years ago in Kensington at 10417-B Metropolitan Avenue. This week, Dec. 13 through Dec. 19, is Spirit Club’s annual 7 Days, 7 Free Demos week. Sign up to take demo classes here. For more information on Spirit Club, check out this video from Montgomery Municipal Cable, one of MyMCMedia’s PEG partners:
5. Small Business Network: A panel of female business leaders from ORI, JDC Events, and Strategy and Management Services. will talk about Turning Challenges into Opportunities on our Small Business Network show. Watch live in the link below at 9 a.m.