1. Super Bowl LIV: Congratulations Kansas City Chiefs for your 20-31 win Sunday, making two Good Counsel alumni Super Bowl Champs, Kendal Fuller and Dorian O’Daniel. Their Good Counsel football coach, Bob Milloy, spoke with MyMCMedia last week before the big game.
2. Municipal Monday: Rockville’s Mayor and Council hold a work session at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave. Gaithersburg’s Mayor and Council meet at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall, 31 S. Summit Ave. Here’s the agenda. Poolesville’s Town Commissioners meet at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 19721 Beall St.
3. Coffee with a Cop: Montgomery County Police officers from the Germantown district station are meeting with residents from 9 until 10:30 a.m. at the Starbucks located at 13408 Kingsview Village Ave. in Germantown.
4. Council Committee Meetings: The Public Safety committee meets at 9:30 a.m. to discuss police training. Watch live here. The Education committee receives an update on adult English literacy at 9:30 a.m. which will be streamed live, here. The PHED committee will be briefed by the Planning Department on the County’s General Plan at 2 p.m. Watch live here.
5. RSVP/AARP Tax-Aide: This program provides free federal and state tax preparation services for low-to-moderate income taxpayers who live or work in Montgomery County. Appointments are available on Mondays at Bethesda’s Davis Library and the Germantown Library. Check out the dates for the 2019 tax year here and then schedule an appointment by calling 240.777.2577 between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or by going online here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.