Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Jan 7. Will we get the first snow of the year today? Tune in. Find out.
1. MCPS Superintendent Meets with Media: Montgomery County Public Schools Superintendent Jack Smith is meeting with members of the media this morning at 10:30 a.m. to answer questions. According to a media alert email from MCPS, Smith will discuss the “announcement of donations from DARCARS Automotive Group and Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center to pay off school lunch debts; growth in student participation and performance in Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate courses; district efforts to combat hate and bias in schools; the recommended Fiscal Year 2021 Operating Budget; and upcoming events.” A live stream of the meeting will be available on MCPS’s website.
2. Districtwide Boundary Analysis Meeting: Montgomery County Public Schools is holding another meeting for people to weigh in on the Districtwide Boundary Analysis study from 7 to 9 p.m. at Walter Johnson High School in Silver Spring.
3. Department of Recreation Job Fair: Montgomery County is looking for part-time seasonal employees to hire for the upcoming summer season. The Recreation Department is hosting a job fair with more information from 3 to 7 p.m. at Plum Gar Community Recreation Center in Germantown.
4. HIV Testing: African American Health Program (AAHP) is conducting free and confidential HIV testing from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Dennis Avenue Health Center in Silver Spring.
5. ICYMI: Maryland’s General Assembly gets back to work Wednesday. Learn about what’s to come by listening to the latest Montgomery Talks podcast episode, which features State Sen. Will Smith.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.