It’s Wednesday, July 22, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Sandy Spring Museum Series: Sandy Spring Museum is holding virtual conversations on race each Wednesday in July. Today’s 6 p.m. panel will discuss creating change in police departments and includes Montgomery County Police Chief Marcus Jones.
2. Commission Meeting: The City of Gaithersburg Historic District Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m.
Join us virtually for tonight’s Historic District Commission Mtg at 7:30pm
📋 Agenda: https://t.co/mQVFPmV4RB
💻 Watch: https://t.co/80G7vt7mXR
🔊To speak register here: https://t.co/r7F2I0zGED & use the "raise hand" feature to request to speak during the meeting. pic.twitter.com/abAkCiBVe1
— City of Gaithersburg (@GburgMD) July 21, 2020
3. COVID-19 Testing Relocation: Due to extreme heat, Montgomery County is moving the Wednesday/Friday test site at the Amherst Garage in Wheaton to the garage under the Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center.
4. Council Committee Meeting: The council’s Planning, Housing and Economic Development Committee and Transportation and Environment Committee will meet jointly at 9:30 a.m.
Tomorrow at 9:30 a.m., the PHED and T&E Committees will meet jointly to continue reviewing ZTA 20-01, which would revise the solar collection system use standards to allow larger facilities in the Agricultural Resource (AR) Zone.
— Montgomery Council (@MoCoCouncilMD) July 21, 2020
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to older residents. Today’s classes include “Job Searching in the Digital Age” and “Online Health Resources.”
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.