1. Wheaton COVID-19 Testing Clinic: Today’s clinic has moved from the County’s Amherst parking garage to the parking garage beneath the Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center. Testing hours are 8 a.m. to noon.
2. Smithsonian Begins to Reopen: The Smithsonian’s National Zoo and the Air and Space Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Virginia reopen today with precautions (use of face masks, maintain social distance, and stay home if sick). Timed-entry passes are required and may be obtained online.
3. Business Briefing: Council President Sidney Katz hosts the 11th in a series of business briefings at 12:30 p.m. Carmen Larsen, chair of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Janice Freeman, CEO of the African American Chamber of Commerce join Katz for the Zoom based briefing. The discussion will focus on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on small businesses, especially in the Latino and African American communities. Email Councilmember.Katz@montgomerycountymd.gov to register for the zoom meeting and submit questions.
4. Capital Crescent Trail Closure: The Capital Crescent Trail crossing at Little Falls Parkway in Bethesda os closed while a raised crossing is under construction. A detour is in place.
5. ICYMI: The sunflower fields in Poolesville are in bloom. MyMCMedia’s Maryam Shahzad visited the fields earlier this week.
And one more thing: Montgomery Community Media (MCM) will offer two one-week virtual camps for youth ages 12 and up. The Podcasting Camp will be offered the week July 27. The Smartphone Video Production Camp will be offered the week of August 3. Click here for the flyer.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.