Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Monday, June 1.
1. Reopening Phase One: Today at 6 a.m. Montgomery County began the first phase to reopen businesses and lift restrictions on daily life. MyMCMedia’s Jordan Lindsay Friday talked with Recreations Department Division Chief Adriane Clutter and Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington Senior VP Jim Almond about what this means for their organizations.
2. Municipal Monday: Gaithersburg’s Mayor and Council meet at 7:30 p.m. Here’s the agenda. Virtual meeting information may be found here. Poolesville’s Town Commissioners meet at 7 p.m. Here’s the agenda. The Rockville Mayor and Council meet at 7 p.m. The agenda may be found here. The meeting may be viewed on county cable channel 11 or watch the live-stream at www.rockvillemd.go/rockville11.
3. COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program: Applications are being accepted for this short term assistance program for renters from today through Friday, June 5 at 2 p.m. The program, funded by the federal CARES Act provides up to $500 per month for three months based on family size and income. Español.
4. Presidential Primary Election: Tuesday, June 2 is primary election day in Maryland. Learn about the local Montgomery County races here. This election is being conducted by mail due to the current health emergency. Ballots must be postmarked no later than June 2 to be counted. Completed ballots may be returned by mail or returned to any of seven ballot drop off locations in the county. If a registered voter is unable to vote by mail, there are four locations to vote in-person on June 2 from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
5. Testing for COVID-19 to Prevent Spread: This VOX video explains test positivity rate, testing strategies and more.
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.