Today is Tuesday, June 23, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council in Session: Montgomery County Council meets virtually at 9:30 a.m. On the agenda: a COVID-19 update from County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles. Watch the meeting streamed live on Facebook (@MontgomeryCountyMDCouncil) and YouTube (@moCoCouncilMD).
2. State Board of Education Meeting: The Maryland State Board of Education meets today at 11 a.m. On the agenda: a review of data related to suspension expulsions and arrests of students in prekindergarten to Grade 2 and the recovery plan for education.
3. Malls Welcome Back Shoppers: Malls are now allowed to open as part of Phase 2 of the county’s reopening plan. Clarksburg Outlets and Lakeforest Mall opened Saturday, June 20. Westfield’s Wheaton and Montgomery malls open today.
4. Virtual Career Assistance: Montgomery County Public Libraries will cover the basics of using Google to create and share documents at 1 p.m. today. One-on-one resume help is available starting at 1;30 today. More information and links are available here.
5. Hillwood Manor Park Renovation: Takoma Park residents may want to join the virtual meeting where Montgomery Parks will discuss plans to renovate the park and hold a question and answer session at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The meeting was originally scheduled for Tuesday, June 16.
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.