It’s Wednesday, May 13. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Governor’s Press Conference: At 5 p.m., Gov. Larry Hogan will hold a press conference on stage one of Maryland’s Roadmap to Recovery. It will be streamed live on the governor’s Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts.
Tomorrow at 5 p.m., I will provide an update regarding Stage One of our #MarylandStrong Roadmap to Recovery.
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) May 12, 2020
2. Coronavirus Panel’s First Briefing: The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis will hold it’s first briefing with a group of bipartisan experts at 3 p.m. The discussion will center around requirements to safely reopen the economy, and airs live on YouTube. Rep. Jamie Raskin, who represents Maryland’s 8th Congressional District, is on the subcommittee.
3. Council Session: The Montgomery County Council meets virtually this morning for various actions and a worksession about the FY21 Operating Budget. The meeting will close to the public at 1 p.m.
4. BrightFocus Town Hall: The BrightFocus Foundation, a non-profit in Clarksburg that funds Alzheimer’s research, is holding a town hall at 8 p.m. to discuss topics affecting older adults like telehealth and long-distance caregiving.
Join us LIVE on Twitter for a BrightFocus Town Hall tomorrow at 8:00 pm EDT. Topics range from long-distance caregiving and telehealth to social isolation, and other issues affecting older adults. #inthistogether https://t.co/vWvvpi0KT0
— BrightFocus (@_BrightFocus) May 12, 2020
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to older adults. Today’s classes include digital photography and tech tutoring.
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.