1. Updates on 495 and 270 Managed Lanes Study: At 10 a.m., The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) will be briefed about updates to the Interstates 495 and 270 managed lanes study by the Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA). The briefing will take place at the Montgomery County Planning Department headquarters, located at 8787 Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring. Montgomery Planning will also stream the meeting live on the Planning Board’s website.
2. Benchmarking to Be the Best for Business: County Executive Marc Elrich and Council Vice President Sidney Katz are continuing the Benchmarking to Be the Best for Business campaign. Small business leaders can meet with Katz and Elrich from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Upcounty Regional Services Center in Germantown.
3. Fresh Air at AMP by Strathmore: AMP by Strathmore continues its fall concert series at 8 p.m. with Fresh Air, the artists in residence. Tickets to the event cost $19 and can be purchased online.
4. Be Safe, Be Seen Campaign: MCDOT will host its “Be Safe, Be Seen” campaign from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Silver Spring Transit Center.
🚴 Nov. 19. 7-9 a.m. in Wheaton
🚴 Nov. 20. 4-6 p.m. in Silver Spring
🚴 Nov. 21. 7-9 a.m. in Rockville
🚴 Nov. 26. 4-6 p.m. in Rockvillehttps://t.co/ZOjoUOayAS
— MyMCMedia (@mymcmedia) November 19, 2019
5. Dementia Conversations: Sheila Griffith, with the Alzheimer’s Association, is offering advice on caring for loved ones experiencing dementia at the Kensington Park Library at 6:30 p.m.
An @AANCAC representative will offer tips on having caring conversations w/loved ones who may be experiencing #dementia abt seeing a doctor, deciding when to stop driving, & making financial decisions.
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) November 18, 2019
And one more thing… At 7:30 p.m., Academy Award-winning actress Sophia Loren will answer questions at Montgomery College’s Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center in Rockville. Tickets range between $100 to $150.