Cooler temperatures today. Check out the weather forecast. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Nov. 8.
1. Manufacturing Business Networking Forum: Maryland Commerce Secretary Kelly Schulz will attend this outreach and networking forum today in Rockville. The event is designed to connect local manufacturing companies in Montgomery County with manufacturing executives from key industries. Manufacturers will also be able to connect with federal laboratories regarding technology transfer and partnering to make operations more efficient, profitable and uniquely competitive.
2. MCPS Early Release: Montgomery County Public Schools close early today, just in time for the weekend!
3. Food for Fines: Today is the last day to reduce library fines by donating canned and other non-perishable food items to the circulation desk of any MCPL branch. Learn more, here.
4. Mental Health Fair: Montgomery County Public Schools is hosting a Mental Health Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9, at Gaithersburg High School. Students, staff members and the community will be able to learn about community and school resources that support students’ physical, social and psychological well-being.
5. Veterans Day: Monday, November 11 is a national holiday to honor American veterans. Originally, the holiday commemorated the end of World War I, which took place on November 11, 1918. In 1954, the holiday was changed to honor American veterans of all wars. The Commission on Veterans Affairs shared a list of events during the month that celebrate our veterans. Many businesses in Montgomery County are offering Veterans Day freebies and other deals.
And one more thing: Not sure what to do this weekend? Check out our Weekend Planner.