It’s Tuesday, Oct. 22 and it’s International Stuttering Awareness Day. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. World Series, Game 1: The Washington Nationals are playing at the Houston Astros tonight in Game 1 of the 2019 World Series. It will air live on Fox at 8:08 p.m. There are many watch parties and bars and restaurants where you can watch the game.
2. Council in Session: Montgomery County Council meets today at 9 a.m. Here’s a look at today’s agenda.
3. Medical Museum Science Café: Heather King, Executive Director of the TriService Nursing Research Program at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences is discussing “ship-based global health engagement missions” tonight from 6 to 7 p.m. at the National Museum of Health and Medicine in Silver Spring. The event is free and doesn’t require an RSVP. Here’s more information.
4. Hispanic Heritage Month Conservation Cafe: Audubon Naturalist Society is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month tonight at 7 p.m. with its Conservation Café. The event, “Sing and Dance Mother Earth with Madre Tierra Bomba y Plena,” will take place at the Woodend Nature Sanctuary, located at 8940 Jones Mill Road in Chevy Chase. Tickets to the event cost $15, which benefits ANS Conservation Program. Here’s more information.
5. Fall & Ice Author Series: Kensington Park Library is hosting a Fall & Ice Author Series tonight from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event will feature July Langsdorf, author of “White Elephant”; Barbara Glickman, author of “Maryland’s Public Gardens & Parks”; and Danny Glavin, an astrobiologist who wrote “Frozen in Time.” For more information about the event, click here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.