1. World Series, Game 1: The Washington Nationals are playing at the Houston Astros tonight in Game 1 of the 2019 World Series. It will air live on Fox at 8:08 p.m. There are many watch parties and bars and restaurants where you can watch the game.
2. Council in Session: Montgomery County Council meets today at 9 a.m. Here’s a look at today’s agenda.
3. Medical Museum Science Café: Heather King, Executive Director of the TriService Nursing Research Program at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences is discussing “ship-based global health engagement missions” tonight from 6 to 7 p.m. at the National Museum of Health and Medicine in Silver Spring. The event is free and doesn’t require an RSVP. Here’s more information.
4. Hispanic Heritage Month Conservation Cafe: Audubon Naturalist Society is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month tonight at 7 p.m. with its Conservation Café. The event, “Sing and Dance Mother Earth with Madre Tierra Bomba y Plena,” will take place at the Woodend Nature Sanctuary, located at 8940 Jones Mill Road in Chevy Chase. Tickets to the event cost $15, which benefits ANS Conservation Program. Here’s more information.
5. Fall & Ice Author Series: Kensington Park Library is hosting a Fall & Ice Author Series tonight from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event will feature July Langsdorf, author of “White Elephant”; Barbara Glickman, author of “Maryland’s Public Gardens & Parks”; and Danny Glavin, an astrobiologist who wrote “Frozen in Time.” For more information about the event, click here.