Mostly cloudy today. Check out the weather forecast. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Friday, Oct. 25.
1. World Series, Game 3: The Washington Nationals are playing the Houston Astros tonight in Game 3 of the 2019 World Series. It will air live on Fox at 8:07 p.m.
And then on Saturday, Rockville is hosting an outdoor watch party for Game 4. Here’s the info:
Support the Nats in Game 4 of the #WorldSeries, Saturday at an outdoor watch party on E Montgomery Ave. 7:30 p.m. start. Admission is free. First pitch at 8:07 p.m. Bring chairs, blankets, food and non-alcoholic drinks.#STAYINTHEFIGHT #FinishTheFight pic.twitter.com/DvtmIaqK4c
— City of Rockville (@Rockville411) October 24, 2019
2. Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Workshop: Learn the basics at this free workshop presented by Alzheimer’s Association of America. The workshop takes place today from 2 to 3 p.m. in Gaithersburg at Hillside Senior Apartment Homes, 200 Skidmore Boulevard in Gaithersburg. Call 301-355-6578 to reserve a spot.
3. LEDs and Libations: Swap out your old incandescent and CFL bulbs for new LED bulbs at the MISCellaneous Distillery at Seneca Meadows in Germantown tonight from 4 to 7 p.m.
4. Prescription Drug Take Back Day: Dispose of expired, unused or unwanted prescription medications safely Saturday, October 26 at numerous sites around the county.
5. Get Your Scare On: Markoff’s Haunted Forest located in Dickerson offers three trails with frightening sets and terror lurking everywhere. The Poolesville Ghost Tour, lead by professor Christine Rai, is a walking tour through the center of the town, with tales of dark histories and chilling hauntings associated with some of Poolesville’s oldest historic buildings.
And one more thing: Not sure what to do this weekend? Check out our Weekend Planner.