About 1,100 MCPS students in 7th through 12th grades are not compliant with Maryland immunization requirements.
All Maryland school students in the 7th through 12th grades must show proof of one Tdap (Tetanus-diphtheria-attenuated pertussis) and one meningococcal (MCV4) vaccination. Those students who do not provide proof will be excluded from attending school starting September 23.
Montgomery County Health and Human Services spokesperson Mary Anderson said students received a letter the last week of August from their principal letting them know that they did not have the necessary vaccinations needed to attend school.
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services will provide free Tdap and meningococcal vaccinations, for students who have not been vaccinated at the Germantown Health Center on Middlebrook Road; the Silver Spring Heath Center on Fenton Street, the Dennis Avenue Heath Center in Silver Spring and the School Health Services Center in Rockville.
Parents should bring a copy of their child’s immunization record to the clinic in order to get the vaccinations. No appointment is necessary. A parent or designated adult must be present. More information about immunization requirements, Tdap and meningococcal vaccine information sheets, and schedule for free immunizations may be found here.
Select schools will also offer vaccinations at special clinics
Monday, September 16 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Roberto Clemente Middle School, 18808 Waring Station Road, Germantown
- Argyle Middle School, 2400 Bel Pre Road, Silver Spring
- Benjamin Banneker Middle School, 14800 Perrywood Drive, Burtonsville
Thursday, September 19 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Julius West Middle School, 651 Great Falls Road, Rockville
- Montgomery Village Middle School, 19300 Watkins Mill Road, Montgomery Village
- Silver Spring International Middle School, 313 Wayne Avenue, Silver Spring