smoke alarm

March 7, 2020 | Michelle Queen

Daylight Saving Time Starts Sunday

Remember to Check Your Clocks Daylight saving time starts Sunday morning, March 8 at 2 a.m. Remember to check your clocks and set them ahead by one hour before going to sleep Saturday night. Many electronic devices automatically adjust when daylight saving time begins or ends. According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology […]

Read more

March 4, 2020 | Andrea Sarralde

Recuerde Adelantar el Reloj el Domingo

Recuerde Cambiar la Hora de su Reloj El horario de verano comienza el domingo por la mañana, 8 de marzo a las 2 a.m. Recuerde revisar sus relojes y adelantarlos una hora antes de irse a dormir el sábado por la noche. Muchos dispositivos electrónicos se ajustan automáticamente cuando comienza o termina el horario de […]

Read more

November 3, 2019 | Cindy Peña

Daylight Saving Time: Change Your Clock – Change Your Battery

Get ready for an extra hour of sleep this weekend. Daylight saving time comes to an end in the early morning hours of Sunday, November 3. Montgomery County fire and police departments remind us that as we change our clocks, we should also change the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors in […]

Read more

March 8, 2018 | Staff Writer

Daylight Saving Time Begins Sunday; Remember to Set Clocks Ahead and Check Smoke Alarms

Daylight saving time this year begins at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 11. Remember to set your clocks ahead one hour and check your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) website, daylight saving time (DST) is the part of the year when we advance our clocks […]

Read more

January 23, 2017 | Staff Writer

Firefighters Investigate Hyattstown House Fire (PHOTOS & VIDEO)

UPDATED Montgomery County firefighters are investigating what sparked a house fire in Hyattstown. Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said one person was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. According to Piringer, the fire occurred on Haines Road after 2 a.m. on Monday. He said damages are estimated at $500,000. According to […]

Read more

October 2, 2016 | Staff Writer

Have You Checked the Batteries in Your Smoke Alarms? (VIDEO)

The week of October 9th is known as National Fire Prevention Week. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer is reminding residents to check the batteries in their smoke alarms. “Don’t wait, check the date.” Find out more in this video, below:

Read more

March 11, 2016 | Staff Writer

Spring Forward: Don’t Forget to Turn Your Clocks

It’s almost Spring and it’s about time to shift clocks forward. Don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 13 for daylight saving time (DST). Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services is also reminding residents to check smoke alarms. It is that time of year again! Change Your Clocks […]

Read more

December 1, 2015 | Sonya Burke

One Injured in House Fire on Settlers Landing Way in North Potomac

A house fire in North Potomac caused $500,000 in damages on Tuesday morning and sent one of the home’s occupants to a hospital burn unit for smoke inhalation and possible respiratory injuries, according to a county fire official. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire occurred shortly before 3 a.m. on Tuesday morning […]

Read more

February 14, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Townhouse Fire in Gaithersburg Displaces Five Residents

Montgomery County firefighters have determined that “unattended cooking” sparked a townhouse fire in the 9200 block of Hummingbird Terrace in Gaithersburg and caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to the building on Feb. 14. Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer reported on his Twitter account that over 50 firefighters were called to the scene […]

Read more

January 20, 2015 | Krista Brick

Home Safety Check Helps Seniors Stay Fire Safe

A new initiative to help seniors in the county with free safety evaluations showed that more than 90 percent of smoke alarms checked in the home visits were either not working on past their usable life span. The fire department recently launched a “Home Safety Check” program for seniors in the county. Initial results from […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter