Today is Wednesday, April 14, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. MCPS Reminder: For Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) middle and high schoolers, today is a regular instructional day.
Reminder: If you have students in middle school or high school, April 14, May 12 and June 2 will be regular instructional days. pic.twitter.com/oHDwnI0qmM
— MCPS (@MCPS) April 13, 2021
2. County COVID-19 Testing Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at eight testing sites today.
3. Pausing J&J Doses: Following CDC and FDA recommendations, the Montgomery County health department announced it will pause use of single-dose Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID-19 vaccines after six recipients developed rare episodes involving blood clots. About 6.8 million doses of the J&J vaccine have been administered nationwide. In a statement, County Executive Marc Elrich said the health department will substitute Pfizer doses for J&J doses until further notice.
🆕 @MoCoDHHS officials announced today that they will pause the use of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccine.
Read the news release for details ➡ https://t.co/CdgSxlfBlV. pic.twitter.com/yR3BTS98zg
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) April 13, 2021
4. DACA Information Session: At 7 p.m., MCPS, Montgomery College and CASA will hold an information session about applying for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status. Students and community members are invited to register here.
DACA Webinar Offers Important Information, Resources for Students
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes and events to senior residents. Today’s events include “Tech Talks About Instagram” and “COVID-19 Vaccine Update with the CDC.”
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.