Today is Tuesday, Aug. 10, and it is National Women’s Day. As you celebrate, here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Learn About Eating Local: The City of Gaithersburg is teaming up with Montgomery County’s Agricultural reserve to host a virtual event on eating local in Montgomery County. The event features Claudia Kousoulas and Ellen Letourneau, coauthors of the book “Bread & Beauty: A Year in Montgomery County’s Agricultural Reserve., as well as Chef Carolyn Crow. Click here to register for the event, which takes place from 6 to 7 p.m.
2. Music in the Garden: Stop by Brookside Gardens in Wheaton from 6:30 to 8 p.m. for a free summer concert, featuring the Sandra Dean Band.
3. Maryland Tax Free Week: Don’t forget that this week shoppers in Maryland save 6% on many purchases since it is Tax Free Week in the state through Aug. 14.
4. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Stronger Bones,” “Spotify,” “Protecting Personal Information Online,” and much more.
5. Sunflower Season: Butler’s Orchard’s Sunflower Spectacular can be viewed now through Aug. 15. Check it out during the week and your tickets will only cost $5 per person. Click below for more information:
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.